News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone have experience with PPP?

Started by aballen, January 30, 2013, 06:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aballen

I My first order from PPP.  I ordered 6 enclosures from they last Thursday... haven't heard a word.  I usually expect a ship confirm by now.  I sent an email yesterday also, and have not gotten a response.

Just wondering if this is normal.  I can see it taking a few days if they are all being painted on demand.

What is the typical turnaround for PPP?

madbean

I'm pretty sure they are all paint to order. I would not worry.

GermanCdn

I think most experience here with PPP has been very good to excellent.  Usually orders ship within 3 - 4 days and you get a confirmation at that point.  Pretty sure they stock some colours, but I believe they do most to order, given the wide varieties and colours they stock.  I think they may have had employee vacations recently as well (said something to that effect on the home page a couple of days back), so they're might be a bit of delay from that.  But all in all, one of the best (and the best for enclosures) companies to deal with in the DIY realm.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

monkeyssj1

I've got all my enclosures from em. Sometimes they ship in a few days and other times it takes a few weeks depending on how backed up they are. I placed an order right before Christmas and it took about a month to come probably because they had a ton of back orders, but as others will say, they do a really nice job.

eldanko

Same experience here. The enclosures are worth the wait, and they usually include free candy.  ;)
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

pickdropper

When it comes to enclosures, PPP is the best by a country mile IMHO.  Sometimes it does take a week or so for them to ship out the orders, but their colors and quality of finish are fantastic.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jkokura

One hazard nobody has mentioned is that shipping can get quite high in comparison to other venders we purchase from. There's a reason for this - they're shipping metal boxes. Especially when you get larger orders together, the prices can get higher due to weight and volume.

One thing that sets PPP apart is that when their automated shipping calculator is high, they reimburse the difference back. This makes a big difference when you're an international customer, as sometimes my order has cost $90 is shipping alone. When you get 20 or 30 of that back, it's much appreciated.

PPP is the only place I go to for my production line, and pretty much the only place I go to for everything else.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

aballen

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I've heard great things about them before.  Which is why I decided to try them out.

I actually just (like a couple of minutes ago) got an email from them.... it's all about good communication and setting expectations, and now I know what to expect time-wise.  I was already expecting some great looking enclosures.

whitebread47

Quote from: eldanko on January 30, 2013, 06:51:30 PM
Same experience here. The enclosures are worth the wait, and they usually include free candy.  ;)

This.  Plus, they're located just a few hours South of me, so things get here quick once they do ship.

I've bought numerous enclosures from their blem section.  Blemishes have been minimal and sometimes impossible to find, so they have a high standard.

The Jolly Ranchers only seal the deal.  ;D
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

Mike B.

Same here - I order most of my enclosures from them. They are paint to order, and they also do enclosures for a number of commercial builders, so they were likely swamped for NAMM. Trust us, the quality is worth the wait!

pedalman

if i remember right some of his colors had a additional wait time. believe me... those are the colors worth waiting for. i got one that almost looked 3d
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

jball85