News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Death by Tank (Moosapotamus Dirty Bird /LAL Rattle Crow)

Started by MattOcaster, January 27, 2013, 07:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattOcaster

Hey guys,

Been trying to box up ALL the projects I had started. (Still a LOT to go).
Here's the Moosapotamus Dirty Bird:
http://moosapotamus.net/dirtybird.html

Built up two, one for a friend and one for me.  
Tank is my friend's pug - ridiculous creatures! :D

Quick video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEfBe1xymKc

At first I was quite apprehensive about building this one - but I was VERY pleasantly surprised at the results.
An amazingly unique pedal - not your usual fuzz/noise box.
Especially with the Dirty Bird mods, the range of sounds is quite impressive.

I liked it so much I made a project for anyone who wants to etch their own.
There's nothing wrong with the Moosapotamus version but their is A LOT of offboard wiring, and it took me a while to understand everything.
At least here, the pots can be board mounted and each switch has assigned wirepads.

It hasn't been tested yet, so another set of eyes on the schematic might be useful.  
And before commenting the layout isn't as beginner friendly or that I forgot the capacitor part numbers - just remember a little common sense goes a long way and it's easy to work out :D

Kind regards,
Matt.

Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

soldersqueeze

Cool build! I have a Moosapotmus built original, and I can confirm the wiring in there looks nightmarish. It's super neat, but there's no way I could copy it. I might try and post a picture when I have my camera handy. What kind of thing are you using it for? I love mine but I've struggled to find a use for it to be honest.

monkeyssj1

spaceboss

nzCdog

Very nice! Love the colours and the wee doggy graphic ;D

bigrigg

Great job.  I made this myself and posted way back as the "El Destructo"  this pedal gives a sh*t ton of fuzz and noise sounds.  I really don't understand why it's so under the radar.  It's very unique and useful.  Enjoy.

MattOcaster

Ya I completely agree - it's completely under the radar but a pretty unique effect!
It's by no means the first fuzz pedal I'd recommend someone to build.
But if you've done a lot of the classic fuzz builds, this is a great circuit to change things up.
;D
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com