News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A few short pedal clips

Started by juansolo, January 04, 2013, 09:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GermanCdn

Yeah those videos are informative and inspiring.  I had zero desire to build a dipthonizer, and now it will be on the next order.

Funny enough, I just finished prepping a vero for a sholicon.  Guess what I'm building tomorrow.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

juansolo

Quote from: gordo on January 05, 2013, 04:30:00 AM
Great videos!  My Dipthonizer is about on track with yours but my Dr. Boogie sounds nowhere near as good.  I might have to dig it out of the "retired" pile and have another look at it.  I need to build a Muff now that I've heard these clips.  Funny that someone else pointed out how cool the floor looks cuz that's the first thing I noticed.

You'll need to make yourself a Fet matcher and grab a multimeter. Article on Fet matchery by RGK

Our chunk chunk has j201s in q1 and q2, and 2n5457s in the other positions. The j201s had the cutoff voltages measured at about -0.3v, and 2n5457s about -1v.

Using the fetzer valve formula for biasing, (0.6*supply voltage)+(0.7*positive cutoff voltage), everything has sounded great straight away.

As an example a 2n5457 with -1v cutoff would be biased at 5.4v + 0.7v = 6.1v.

For buffer stage at the end we used a 2n5457 with the highest cutoffs we had.

C16 was also changed for a 10nf to remove some high end fizz.

We built 3 to this spec, and they all sound the same, biased before even plugging them into the amp.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

juansolo

Ahhh, everyone's a critic. Someones been bothered to go through all the pedal clips and dislike them all ;) I wonder who I've pissed off now? Whoops!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

midwayfair

Nice huuuuge batch of demos!

I, too, am curious about the stuffed insect next to the pedals. :)