News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Problems with Mouser

Started by electricstorm, January 04, 2013, 07:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electricstorm

What's up with Mouser these days? Twice I've ordered TL062's and LM324"s (pin-through-hole versions of both) and twice they sent me SMD versions. Anyone else having problems?

Jim
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

Lovetone Flanger  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3v4twi2sbs0l5p7/1Ep9NbRE2T

RobA

I've had it happen with mouser a couple of times. Luckily it was with a small number of cheap things (transistors and diodes) that I decided to just keep and practice soldering with. It's still a pain to have to reorder though. But, I find that I always miss something(s) in an order and have to make a second order anyway.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Haberdasher

It's a pain but look at the datasheet associated with a particular part before you place it in your cart if you have doubts.  A mouser rep once told me over the phone the datasheet is always right regardless of the item pictured or its description, because it is linked to their site by the manufacturer.  Of course I have no idea how accurate that is, but who knows, it might help.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

pickdropper

Quote from: Haberdasher on January 04, 2013, 07:45:55 PM
It's a pain but look at the datasheet associated with a particular part before you place it in your cart if you have doubts.  A mouser rep once told me over the phone the datasheet is always right regardless of the item pictured or its description, because it is linked to their site by the manufacturer.  Of course I have no idea how accurate that is, but who knows, it might help.

That is right.  There have been a few times that I've run across parts at Mouser where the picture didn't match the package.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

electricstorm

Evidently, this must be true as I went back and looked up the parts and the info and picture shows a pin-through-hole component for both. Guess I'll have to look up datasheets and see if that works. In the meantime, I still need 10 of each part to finish a project. That sucks!

Jim
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

Lovetone Flanger  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3v4twi2sbs0l5p7/1Ep9NbRE2T

alanp

I emailed Mouser awhile ago to ask if they could put in a conversion option for units, since saying something is ten oz'es of solder tells me as much as saying it weighs approximately one fifth of a hobbit, or the same as one tenth of Frostmourne's weight. Only drug dealers and ninety year old ladies use imperial, here.

Quote from: MouserPlease understand the unit of weight is following the unit, which manufacturer is in use, and there is no converting tool on our website. Thanks
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

pickdropper

Quote from: electricstorm on January 04, 2013, 10:06:29 PM
Evidently, this must be true as I went back and looked up the parts and the info and picture shows a pin-through-hole component for both. Guess I'll have to look up datasheets and see if that works. In the meantime, I still need 10 of each part to finish a project. That sucks!

Jim

The data sheet is the governing document, but usually the page lists the package type under the product details. I've yet to come across one of those being wrong.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gordo

Quote from: alanp on January 04, 2013, 10:11:05 PM
I emailed Mouser awhile ago to ask if they could put in a conversion option for units, since saying something is ten oz'es of solder tells me as much as saying it weighs approximately one fifth of a hobbit, or the same as one tenth of Frostmourne's weight. Only drug dealers and ninety year old ladies use imperial, here.

As a 90 year old lady...I resemble those implications.  Let me know if you have the need for weed...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?