News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Any UK guys ever order from Tayda?

Started by hammerheadmusicman, December 30, 2012, 12:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammerheadmusicman

I have been looking at the stock on tayda, and how cheap everything is compared to UK prices! Was wondering if any of you guys had had good or bad experiences with them? or if you got stung for loads of import tax etc..

thanks

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

marmaliser

All good here and so far no customs charges

DutchMF

No problems to The Netherlands, I can imagine the postal services here and in the UK kinda work alike? I have some more info, but will PM in case someone from customs is watching this (I know, paranoia is setting in, but better safe than sorry!  ;))

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

LaceSensor

yeah shitloads of times and never any bother.
go at it!

hammerheadmusicman

In that case I'm on it like sonic!

Thanks guys :)

George

LaceSensor

pay for the recorded shipping if its still an option. Its faster.

juansolo

Yep, another Tayda user with no complaints.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

hammerheadmusicman

^Are you in UK?

Thanks dudes, gonna put in an order today!

George

juansolo

hammerheadmusicman

Sweet, I think ;) I did not realise you were a fellow Brit. Just assumed you were American for some reason! Probably shouldn't assume so much haha!

juansolo

There's a few Brits on board. Raulduke is another off the top of my head. Marauder is just up the road from me also.

Typically though I end up ordering parts from all over. If you can meet the minimum order price, Farnell and CPC are best for bulk. Same company with bizarrely different pricing. Dr Tweek is great for powder coated enclosures (get the raw ones from Tayda) and is spectacularly cheap for MN3007s and the like. Still a bit knackered for some things like 9mm pots and coolaudio stuff which we have to get from Smallbear.

In the links section of my site is a very UK-centric list of suppliers that we use.

LaceSensor

Quote from: juansolo on January 01, 2013, 11:16:06 AM
There's a few Brits on board. Raulduke is another off the top of my head. Marauder is just up the road from me also.

Typically though I end up ordering parts from all over. If you can meet the minimum order price, Farnell and CPC are best for bulk. Same company with bizarrely different pricing. Dr Tweek is great for powder coated enclosures (get the raw ones from Tayda) and is spectacularly cheap for MN3007s and the like. Still a bit knackered for some things like 9mm pots and coolaudio stuff which we have to get from Smallbear.

In the links section of my site is a very UK-centric list of suppliers that we use.

dr tweek offers powdercoating? ? hmmm....investigate mode...ON

juansolo

Cheapest we've found. Just cleaned him out of white small enclosures ;) Sorry.

Though I've got a new supplier for the decal paper that's better and cheaper than the stuff I used to get (glue spreads much more easily). So I've got some white labels coming and am going to have another go at black boxes.