News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Where do you guys buy 1/8 Resistors?

Started by Effectsiation, December 27, 2012, 05:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Effectsiation

I think I'm finally ready to stock up on some 1/8 resistors for 1590a builds, and because I hate standing resistors on some of the builds I'm finishing up.

Anyone sell a kit with common (for us) values in it?  Or am I having to make my own from Mouser?

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

midwayfair

You can get some 90 value kits on Ebay, but Mouser's a better deal unless you're building tons of baby boards with a vast number of different values. How often do you need fifty 13K resistors?

Effectsiation

Thanks guys, good point, I''ll do the math and see what ends up being the better value for the ones I'm sure I'll need.

jeffaroo

radio shack has a decent starter pack for something like $10 bucks
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on December 27, 2012, 05:47:48 PM
You can get some 90 value kits on Ebay, but Mouser's a better deal unless you're building tons of baby boards with a vast number of different values. How often do you need fifty 13K resistors?

I bought a kit on eBay for $25 that had close to 5k metal film resistors total in mostly usable values.  I started with that and now it's all Mouser.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Haberdasher

I usually throw some in the cart whether I'm shopping at mouser, allied or newark.  as usual, mouser seems to have the best selection.

it'd be nice if tayda would stock them, wouldn't it.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS