News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Thunderpuss Build - Doesn't work!!

Started by themachinerages, December 26, 2012, 07:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themachinerages

When I plug my guitar through the pedal, it makes sound when the Thunderpuss is bypassed, but when I turn it on, there is no sound at all.

This is my second build, and the first one didn't work either. I scrapped it and tried this one, doesn't work  :-[ Help save my faith in building pedals!!

This is a messy photo but if you anyone can see a problem right off the bat, let me know:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2udzvpf.jpg

Thanks!!
-John

Stomptown

a better pic would probably be a good idea. One thing I noticed is the pins of the potentiometer might be shorting out on the enclosure??? Just a thought. If so, put some tape or something between the pot and the box. Also make sure the pot is not in contact with the bezel...

midwayfair

You're going to have to remove the whole thing from the enclosure before any serious troubleshooting can be done. Check the tech help sticky for several tips.

Clearer photos are a start; voltages are better and will find the solution much quicker. (The tech help thread will teach you how to take voltages.)

Remember: "Rock it before you box it."

vattern

I could be wrong, but please check the wiring on the DC jack. It looks to me like it is wired in reverse ?