News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dueling Phasers

Started by icecycle66, December 16, 2012, 04:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecycle66

I want to make a dueling phaser.
First of all it will essentially be the same circuit twice.  It will either be Tonepad's Ross clone or Madbean's OTA if he gets around to releasing it by the time I get around to doing this project.

Each circuit will have it's own on/off switch and standard controls. Up to this point it's just
So that's two phaser circuit boards in one box.
The kicker is I want their positions to be manipulatable.

I will probably have more detailed questions in the future; but for now, I am looking to get some concept questions out of the way. 

First question:
Is there a simple way to wire a selector switch to choose whether the circuits are in series or parallel?  (For some reason I feel like three circuits in the box would make this easier, but I don't want to have to build three of them)

If not, what is the complicated way?

JakeFuzz

Oh how I've so wanted a Mutron bi-phase for this very purpose. One day I will get the massive number of LED/LDR optoisolators it uses and try to make a PCB for it...

LaceSensor

The PCB for the biphase is already on one of the "other" forums...
For me, the Lovetone Doppelganger is a good example of a dual LFO phaser, but doesn't do what is requested here. Still a nice effect to have though.

DutchMF

Quote from: icecycle66 on December 16, 2012, 04:55:19 PM
First question:
Is there a simple way to wire a selector switch to choose whether the circuits are in series or parallel?  (For some reason I feel like three circuits in the box would make this easier, but I don't want to have to build three of them)

This should not be to hard, I think it actually doesn't matter if there are 2 or 3 circuits, the switching should basically stay the same.... Let me get my switching-thinking-cap on!

Paul

*Attachment added* I think this should do the trick, could somebody check it and see if I'm right or not?
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

JakeFuzz

Quote from: LaceSensor on December 16, 2012, 05:08:49 PM
The PCB for the biphase is already on one of the "other" forums...

Your right! I haven't seen that before. Man what a bear of a build that would be. You would need to get the full version of Eagle just to draw that thing up.

jeffaroo

check out
http://www.blackouteffectors.com/
thay have some crazy ass stuff
likey - likey !   ;D
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !