News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbag Delay Amperage Consumption

Started by Jimihendrix1987, December 19, 2012, 09:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimihendrix1987

Happy Holidays folks !

There is a problem concerning my Dirtbag since I have built it. It has never worked properly. I mean It does not do any kind of repetition. But It engages nicely. It uses 2 NOS Tested Original MN3025

A friend of mine is a qualified technician who has been checking it. The delay works when it is powered with a technician source using the scope. Nevertheless we are not able to use it when powering with my DCIOKS Double Jack Source.

Which Amperage do I need for engaging it properly? What is the amperage consumption?

Thanks in advance

Ignacio

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Jimihendrix1987

9v ! That's what Brian suggested when using MN3025 !

gtr2

Ok.

The draw is less than 100mA, but in looking at the Cioks specs for the Double Jack it only will put out 600mA total.  Are you powering it with other effects on Cioks?  If so it might be to much as that power supply does not have isolated jacks.  It's basically a glorified daisy chain setup.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

As Josh mentioned is most certainly is under 100mA. The original 24v positive ground version draws about 40mA.

Have you audio probed the input and output pins of the first BBD? Are you getting signal to it, but not out of it? What are you voltage measurements on pins 1, 5 and 8 of each BBD?