News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

fuzzy/buzzy Glitterrattii

Started by FloydFan, January 23, 2013, 08:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FloydFan

Hi !
I've built a bb preamp from madbean's version 3.5 , but it's really grainy and not smooth at all. It reminds more of a big muff rather than a marshallesque tone . It's really muddy (with hot noiseless) and it's almost unplayable with the neck pu engaged. That buzzy lowend remains even if i back off the volume on the guitar ..  :-\
I've checked all the caps and resistor and spotted only a 22ohm instead of 220...swapping it to original specs made it even worse ...  :P
I've also done a stereo pot mod according to a schematic from another forum but it didn't help much .
Mainly all cheapo yellow film box caps (some of them are old red wimas I found in a closet). IC1 rc4558 , IC2 tl072P . I've got also some recording done on the fly .

Both clips are done trough an H&K SS 60watt with almost flat eq ( bass at 11.00 , mids at 13 , highs at 14) , played on a squier with hot noiseless pickups (first clip w/neck , 2nd w/bridge ). BB's settings are all at noon except level wichis is at 10.00 more or less..just to match bypassed volume

Thanks in advance  :)

PS. I'm new here and it's my first post  ;D

FloydFan

just found a solder joint between R6 and R5 , probably shorting C4 . Here's the clip after the "repair" .
neck pickup ...as always , forgive my crappy playing but it's just to show the low end response  :)