News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BC550B or BC550C Transistor for Cave Dweller II Dub Ed.?

Started by fuzzymuff, December 12, 2012, 03:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzymuff

The bill of material only states BC550 for Q1 and Q2.  There are two types, BC550B (low noise, medium gain), and BC550C (low noise, high gain).  Which one would be ideal for this PT2399 based delay?

jkokura

I think I used a C for the echo base, which is similar. If you have both, socket and see which you like better. If you're ordering, get both and socket and see which you like better.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

fuzzymuff

Quote from: jkokura on December 12, 2012, 04:36:28 AM
I think I used a C for the echo base, which is similar. If you have both, socket and see which you like better. If you're ordering, get both and socket and see which you like better.

Jacob

Yea, that sounds more logical.  I'll socket and order both....   Hmm..you used BC550 for the echo base, but dosen't it call for BC560?  BC550 and BC560 are the same?

madbean

It should not matter which you use. You can probably use a 2n3904, too. Pin out is opposite though.

jkokura

Quote from: fuzzymuff on December 12, 2012, 02:12:27 PM
Quote from: jkokura on December 12, 2012, 04:36:28 AM

Jacob

Yea, that sounds more logical.  I'll socket and order both....   Hmm..you used BC550 for the echo base, but dosen't it call for BC560?  BC550 and BC560 are the same?

Correction, I used a 550C for the Cave Dweller. I used a 560 for the Echo Base.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals