News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bacon Bits gain

Started by gordo, November 24, 2012, 01:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I'm too lazy/stupid to do the math to calc gain on the Bacon Bits, but what kind of boost should I expect on this thing?  Seems to be working just fine...full counter clockwise appears to be about unity but cranked is probably about (I'm guessing here) about a 10 or 12dB boost?  I was thinking this thing would be just roaring, given the amount of headroom on 18v.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

gordo

Update...I have two of the boards and swapped out a TL072 for the 272 on one of them and very little difference.  Maybe kick up R5 to about 200k or so?  I don't want to bugger up the freq response and the BB does a fine job of sparkle and keeping the guitar volume control linear and bright if it's first in line.
Gordy Power

gordo

Gordy Power

gordo

Um, don't mean to be a d*ck but this many views and not even a nibble?
Gordy Power

jkokura

Quote from: gordo on November 30, 2012, 02:30:37 AM
Um, don't mean to be a d*ck but this many views and not even a nibble?

Gordo, I also don't want to be rude, but sometimes this happens. I don't have a good grasp on what you're asking, so I'm not sure how to answer you, nor have I built the bacon bits. You admitted to being lazy above, so perhaps you just need to to put your head down and figure the math, or experiment a bit.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gordo

Thanks Jacob.  Yeah, I was a bit crabby last night.  Looking for the easy way out.  Bacon Bits sounds great and makes the guitar knob very smooth and linear without losing any top end.  I just need to figure a way to get a bit more gain out of it.  Even cranked there's not a lot of level on tap.  Then again, maybe that's the point.  I wanted to find out anyone else's take on it.
Gordy Power