News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

P19 Mudbunny (PF The Wall Content)

Started by pryde, November 30, 2012, 01:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Here is a modded mudbunny to skreddy P19 specs. This build is for a friend who is way into Floyd so he will love it. He wanted me to make a muff "like David Gilmour's" so the P19 it is. Everthing made to spec from a p19 schematic posted by skreddy on FSB.

I gotta say I am not a BMP fan as I have tried a few variations and never really bonded with them but this thing is AWESOME. It has all the things I wish a muff had like less gain, a strong crunchy midrange, and really usable throughout its sustain and tone range. I do believe I will build another for myself  ;D

Liustucru

Great job.
P19 Mudbunny is in my TODO list too for a while !

nzCdog

Great job!  Man I need to build one of these too! 8)

juansolo

Great build!

Skreddy is the man when it comes to muffs. Well maybe after Ron Jeremy. I have a few of his in the muffs spreadsheet with the part nos for the MB board. The Mayo is more muffy but still exceptional. The ?Lady is just a huge wall of fuzz.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Bret608

Definitely thinking about the Mudbunny more after watching a J Mascis rig rundown on Premier Guitar. His main rhythm distortion is an old ram's head with the gain all the way up! My old Green Russian couldn't do anything approaching a useable rhthym tone with the gain jacked. Which among the Skreddys might be able to do this? It's been a while since I looked at your muff spreadsheet.

pryde

Quote from: juansolo on November 30, 2012, 10:29:07 AM
Great build!

Skreddy is the man when it comes to muffs. Well maybe after Ron Jeremy. I have a few of his in the muffs spreadsheet with the part nos for the MB board. The Mayo is more muffy but still exceptional. The ?Lady is just a huge wall of fuzz.

Yes. I did reference your spreadsheet for this build and just verified along with the schematic when building. Thanks for the work on that! I cranked this thing with some long, lo-fi delay from the TC flashback, WOW just soaring sustaining leads, very musical. Definetely going to build me one.

pickdropper

Looks great.

I REALLY have to build this circuit.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

juansolo

Quote from: Bret608 on November 30, 2012, 02:40:27 PM
Definitely thinking about the Mudbunny more after watching a J Mascis rig rundown on Premier Guitar. His main rhythm distortion is an old ram's head with the gain all the way up! My old Green Russian couldn't do anything approaching a useable rhthym tone with the gain jacked. Which among the Skreddys might be able to do this? It's been a while since I looked at your muff spreadsheet.

The P19 is more for leads. The Mayo is the all-rounder IMO and the ?Lady is the balls out one. They're the only muffs I've done of his to date.

Somebody should build ours (TSM680) on a spare MB board. I'm curious to see what people think of it.

The Ultrastoner we did was based on a ?Lady with some tone stack mods and the mid pot. It's surprisingly versatile considering just how full on it is going from very scooped to near as damnit flat on the mids. Will have to add that to the spreadsheet.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk