News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Angel (Pork Barrel)

Started by juansolo, November 08, 2012, 06:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

I knew that the effect is awesome and I'm reasonably competent at soldering so I didn't bother socketing this one. Just to give my confidence a nice rattle it didn't work properly first time. A couple of 1k resistors had made it in there when they should have been 100k...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

vicovibe

Very nice build and I love the graphics.

Stomptown

Nice job! You definitely have a unique style all your own. I can't wait to finish my pork barrel. I'm checking the mail box twice a day waiting for parts. Maybe tomorrow...  :P

raulduke

Nice build dude.

Nice lady too.

In my experience Goth girls tend to look a bit different to her  :-X ;D

juansolo

Lol, it was a small enclosure...

raulduke

LOL  :D :D ;D

There is a reason they usually hang out in dark places...

I better stop now  :D

juansolo

First time I've clicked on your blog dude. Some cool stuff there!

How you liking the Ampmaker kit? Seriously tempted to do another myself, but am leaning towards the PP-18 at the mo.

raulduke

Two words: DO IT!

If you are gigging then the 18Watter may be a good way to go.

The SE-5A sounds really good with my Les Paul, plus a booster goosing the input a bit.

For clean tones, you can't really go wrong with the WF-55 (I think its called that)

Anyway, to cut to the chase... I HIGHLY recommend Ampmaker stuff  ;D

pickdropper

An 18 watter is going to be my first foray into amp building.  Was hoping for 2012, but looks more like early 2013 now.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GrindCustoms

Tasty and Sexy as usual! 8)

I'm also a victim of having all my resistors in the same order and having the band matching.....also for NP caps, so the writting on them is always oriented the same....

I finished/tested my Current Lover earlier this week...., only thing i did'nt solder directly to pcb is the MN3007....., now removing the socket  ;D

I think that it comes to a point where you want your pcb populating to be professional as possible and also reliability......

I have a friend who play in Heaven's Cry, a prog rock band, they went in Europe for prog festival....he had one of my klones on his board...and his overall tone is based on that pedal..........Well....went they hit the stage, he setup all his stuff, went to fire up the Klone........nothing.............................

Chances are that it's true-bypass, because he would have needed to take is whole pedal board apart...

Once the show finish, he takes the Chimaera off the board, open it up...........Charge Pump had popped out of his socket.......Lesson Learned!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

juansolo

Yeah, things I know are going to be gigged I tend to want to solder everything in for reliabilities sake. The lad I made the CE-2 for (fella who made my head cab and is currently making me a 2x10) certainly will gig it so, yep, that's another reason I soldered it in. I solder them in on all the Klones I've sold also. My own stuff I tend not to bother unless I know it's a keeper.

juansolo

Quote from: raulduke on November 16, 2012, 05:38:32 PM
Two words: DO IT!

If you are gigging then the 18Watter may be a good way to go.

The SE-5A sounds really good with my Les Paul, plus a booster goosing the input a bit.

For clean tones, you can't really go wrong with the WF-55 (I think its called that)

Anyway, to cut to the chase... I HIGHLY recommend Ampmaker stuff  ;D

Yup, made the Double Six. I just fancied doing another ;) The Double Six is REALLY good if you want a low wattage primarily clean amp.

raulduke

Of course; I totally forgot about that build mate.

Double Six is next on the list for me (when it is back in stock).

That will take the Ampmaker tally up to 3 (someone please cure my addiction!).

I looked into sourcing my own parts etc. for a custom build... but with Ampmakers prices you can't really go wrong (or beat it).

juansolo

Likewise. I looked into pricing it up and there's actually not a lot of saving in sourcing it all yourself. Especially as most of it would come from Barry anyhow ;)

Might build the PP-18 as an SL-18 anyhow, to make it a little more interesting... He's out of stock of them also at the min :(