News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

mudbunny built to Hoof specs?

Started by GhostofJohnToad, October 30, 2012, 05:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostofJohnToad

Looking for info on Earthquaker Devices' Hoof.  I'd like build a mudbunny board to the Hoofs specs but I can't seem to find any reliable info.  Anyone got any?

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

GhostofJohnToad

excellent info.  So really not much different than a Green Russian.  Which is what I should have guessed, given Dan Auerbach's affinity to GRs. 

So how do you think the "shift" knob on the 4 knob versions is set-up?

juansolo

Might be the old mid pot... Possibly. Not really looked into it.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

GhostofJohnToad

Ok it looks like the hoof "Shift" is a control similar to the AMZ presence control.
http://www.muzique.com/lab/tone3.htm

I imagine that this is a similar idea as the Pharaoh, no?

I found a schem for the hoof and everything makes sense except for, on the mudbunny the GR has 100n spec'd for C1,C3,C4,C7,& C12. the equivalents on the Hoof schem appear to be 1uF I gotta think it should read 0.1uF.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Interesting, this is the first time i've seen a hyrbrid germ/silicon muff. GR definitely seems like the right version to implement this though.

Quote from: GhostofJohnToad on October 30, 2012, 10:42:48 PM
Ok it looks like the hoof "Shift" is a control similar to the AMZ presence control.
http://www.muzique.com/lab/tone3.htm

I imagine that this is a similar idea as the Pharaoh, no?

I found a schem for the hoof and everything makes sense except for, on the mudbunny the GR has 100n spec'd for C1,C3,C4,C7,& C12. the equivalents on the Hoof schem appear to be 1uF I gotta think it should read 0.1uF.

Similar to the pharaoh but not quite. Pharaoh has a different tone stack set up, allowing control of the treble control separately from the tone control. Haven't fully confirmed it yet but I believe the mids knob was done on the Pharaoh, but set to a fixed value rather than having an external knob. Pharaoh I believe is based more off a rams head variant where this seems to be a green muff.
As for the audio signal caps you have listed you can totally experiment with them. Between 100n (0.1uf) and 1uf are except able values, the lower option allowing more treble and vice versa. It's really up to you what your wanna use by preference. 470nf is a good right in between if your having trouble deciding!  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals