News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

newbie Big muff pi (tone pad)

Started by Pvt. Parts, October 18, 2012, 05:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pvt. Parts

Hi I'm new in this (and I don't now if I can post a build of other DIY sites), and I would like to post my 1# build and see if you like it, note that I don't have much money to afford the enclosure and the nice paint jobs like all of you have, so I went with an electric box and some plexiglass and green primer... I'm going to make the Sea Urchin and the Cup cake in a few months

"Do what you can with what you have where you are" T. Roosevelt

timbo_93631

It is pretty awesome really.  Wiring is trippy almost and I like the way it lights up.  Much more exciting than my first build.  Good luck with your upcoming builds!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

alanp

That is pretty bloody cool, man.

Who needs paintjobs with that kind of display? :) Perhaps you could fit some 3mm blue LEDs under the flanges at the side, where they won't be seen? To complement the green, I mean.  8)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

wolfingsworth

Very nice! I always like seeing creative enclosures and this one is very well done! Keep it up!

Haberdasher

yeah, that's actually pretty cool.  I like it!  good choice to put the board in component side up.  it wouldn't look nearly as good w the solder side showing.

I put a fuzz face in an electric junction box of some sort once, damn near burned up a handheld drill putting holes in it.  Those things are tough!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

icecycle66

Pvt. Parts

Thank you for your comments...!!! when I have some extra money I intend to laser print the labels on the plexiglass for knobs and some art work.

Pvt. Parts

Quote from: Haberdasher on October 20, 2012, 10:47:24 PM
yeah, that's actually pretty cool.  I like it!  good choice to put the board in component side up.  it wouldn't look nearly as good w the solder side showing.

I put a fuzz face in an electric junction box of some sort once, damn near burned up a handheld drill putting holes in it.  Those things are tough!
Well yes they are tough, it took me like a day too cut the gap for the plexiglass and the 3 holes for jacks, I had to cool down the drill... and the problem with putting the component side up was that the pots went backwards (noob move)

wolfingsworth

Anytime you drill steel, go slow, push hard, keep the bit cool with oil or wd-40. Oh and it's a good idea to use many sized bits when drilling big holes (smallest first then GRADUALLY get bigger).

icecycle66

Quote from: Pvt. Parts on October 21, 2012, 12:16:31 AM
when I have some extra money I intend to laser print the labels on the plexiglass for knobs and some art work.

What's this now?
You mean printing directly onto the plexi glass?
Explain this madness.

Pvt. Parts

Sorry I got confused its acrylic what I'm using not plexi... and the idea its something like the image (that I DID NOT make), but its like $100 pesos an hour to use the machine so ill need to make more pedals and laser print them all at once to make it cheaper.

icecycle66

Arrgghh!
Another thing I didn't know about that's so stinkin' cool. 
Everytime someone shows me stuff like this I want to rehouse all my pedals.

GrindCustoms

Awesome job man! This is probably the coolest looking first built that i've been given to see!

It truly embrace the DIY theme, do it yourself with what you have! 8)

I have to try really soon engraving plexiglass and have LED to light it up....it just looks so neat!

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

TNblueshawk

Killer first build out of the gate. I've made 2 see through enclosures. If you want to jazz it up even more get some lighted knobs kind of thing going for your next one.
John