News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lovepedal Eternity Build (Arcadia)

Started by Stomptown, October 07, 2012, 11:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

Here is my latest build using a etched PCB made by Haberdasher. PCB was perfect and pedal sounds great. I guess it is, as people say, a stripped down Tube Screamer, but IMO it is much smoother and eliminates all the negatives associated with a stock screamer. I had a small issue with the decal shrinking on the bottom right corner but otherwise build came together very nicely. At this point I am tired of all the negatives that come along with waterslide decals and think I will transition to etched enclosures. Check it out and let me know what you think...

Haberdasher

That looks pretty good to me.  Really tidy wiring, which I always admire.

I'm not sure if I'd have noticed the decal shrinking if you hadn't pointed it out.  Anyway, good job and I'm glad you liked the pcb.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

mjcyates

Looks great! It is a nice sounding circuit.

GrindCustoms

OH! That's a pro looking build right here! 8)

Love the color and knob choice.

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

murdog47

Black or burst version?  I'm planning on building one soon. I always lean toward asymmetrical clipping.

murdog47

Don't i feel silly....there's the four diodes up top there in plain view  :D

midwayfair

Awesome knob labels and really nice wiring. :)

Stomptown

Quote from: Haberdasher on October 07, 2012, 11:15:16 PM
That looks pretty good to me.  Really tidy wiring, which I always admire.

I'm not sure if I'd have noticed the decal shrinking if you hadn't pointed it out.  Anyway, good job and I'm glad you liked the pcb.

Thanks! I'll have to look and see what other PCB's you've got for sale. I've made my own a couple times but they are not nearly as nice as the ones you are making. Where do you buy your copper clad boards from anyway?

Stomptown

Quote from: murdog47 on October 08, 2012, 12:27:40 AM
Don't i feel silly....there's the four diodes up top there in plain view  :D

Yep it's the burst version. I think its a very smooth sounding OD and not as "bright" as the name suggests. I know the black version is supposed to be dark in comparison but the burst is pretty dark compared to my other OD's (OCD, TS-808). I do kind of wish I socketed parts so I could try the black version as well though. Oh well I'll just have to put that on my list of future projects. 8 )

Haberdasher

Quote from: Stumptown Electronics on October 08, 2012, 03:43:56 AM
Quote from: Haberdasher on October 07, 2012, 11:15:16 PM
That looks pretty good to me.  Really tidy wiring, which I always admire.

I'm not sure if I'd have noticed the decal shrinking if you hadn't pointed it out.  Anyway, good job and I'm glad you liked the pcb.

Thanks! I'll have to look and see what other PCB's you've got for sale. I've made my own a couple times but they are not nearly as nice as the ones you are making. Where do you buy your copper clad boards from anyway?
Thanks man, anytime!
I buy from this guy most of the time.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

pickdropper

That's a nice looking build.  From graphics to guts.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

raulduke

Thats a nice build dude.

The colour is really nice.

bigrigg

I agree.  That enclosure looks sweet.  The insides look like they were cleaned by a CSI crew!!  Congrats.

Stomptown

Thanks man, anytime!
I buy from this guy most of the time.
[/quote]

Cool! I just bought some from his ebay store. Hopefully I will have better luck with this product (I've used radio shack copper-clad laminate in the past).