News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer reversed power wiring issue

Started by sclemmer, September 24, 2012, 12:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sclemmer

First post here, hello all. I finished my kingslayer build today. I tested it before boxing it up and all was well. Upon putting it in the enclosure I made the mistake of wiring the 9v and ground backwards. I powered up the pedal before realizing this and was greeted with an oscillating hum. After fixing the backwards wiring, when I power on the pedal now I get a high pitched whine and no effect. My question is; is this build repairable? Do I need a new board of could I possibly replace parts to fix it?

madbean

Check your voltages on the charge pump to see what you are reading. At worst, you probably will need to replace D1.

Om_Audio

Hello and welcome! Hope you get your build working soon. Be sure to post some pics of your creation in "build reports" section!
Regards,
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

sclemmer

Here are the voltages, not sure if I read them in the correct order. If you are looking at the chip and able to read the writing, I started in the top left corner and went clock-wise around the chip.

Thanks for the help.

sclemmer

I replaced D1 and now the effect works when engaged. However, on the LED setting when I strum a chord I get the expected overdriven sound but it fades out quickly to a cleanish signal. If I watch the LEDs while playing I see them light up dimly and then fade. I had to socket the LEDs as I only had 5mm ones and they would not fit next each other on the board along with the 1n34a's. I also snapped one of the 1n34a and decided to socket the replacement. Not sure what's going on...