News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Standard Wiring Without DC Input

Started by cpsmusic, October 27, 2014, 12:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpsmusic

Hi Folks,

I've finished my Chunk Chunk PCB and would now like to wire it up. For this one I don't want to use DC input. I'm not clear how to do this - what happens to the connection between the input sleeve and the DC jack (as shown on the Standard Wiring Diagram? Are there any other connections that need to be made?

Cheers,

Chris

kothoma

The red wire from the battery clip goes to the 9V pad of the board and to the 4k7 going to the LED.
(Omit the ground wire from the DC socket to the input jack (sleeve) together with the DC socket.)

davent

Not famliar with the diagram so... the black/ground wire from the battery clip goes to the ring tab of the stereo input jack you'll be using, then a wire is run from the ground tab of the jack to the ground pad of the pcb. Plugged into the jack shorts the two tabs together- you have power, unplugged there's no power to the circuit and you save your battery. You could use the stereo jack as the output, suppose to be better there, convention uses the input jack for power switching.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

cpsmusic