News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Subtlety Drive (Peppermill)- non madbean

Started by pryde, September 08, 2012, 09:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Here is a Peppermill-based circuit using the T.O.D.D. pcb from guitarpcb.com.

The base circuit is a ROG Peppermill (BS170 driving a J201). This is a great circuit on its own. The TODD just adds a tone control and optional clipping at the end of the circuit. I breadboarded the curcuit and chose some diffused red LEDs and BAT46s for the extra clippers (i.e. nature switch left or right) I also changed the source of the BS170 to 680R, dropped from 1k which added a touch more gain and bass-response to the stock peppermill.

So how does it sound? The peppermill really adds the most subtle hint of dirt to your clean tone. I settled on this circuit after numerous BB and tweaking of various circuits for a truly light and transparent OD. This really nails it, hence "subtlety drive" The BAT46s give much more compression and breakup while the LEDs are open and crunchy. It is a very versitle pedal but I will likely just use the stock peppermill clipping most of all.

The graphic is for my little girl, a 5 year old sweetheart who loves fairy princesses  :D I think its a fitting graphic for the type of OD here. Tight fit with battery and adapter but its all good.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

midwayfair

Nice work! I love the graphic. And I'm a big fan of the ROG stuff.

mjcyates

Very nice! I have been wanting to build a Peppermill for quite a while now.

nzCdog

Great picture... reminds me of bedtime story illustrations :)