News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another Cherrybomb

Started by juansolo, July 01, 2012, 04:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Built for a friend who wanted it to look similar to the original pedal. He used to have one and had in his head was yellow, turns out that was the The Power Boost which was orangy/yellow. The overdriver was actually black. Anyhow, I still think it looks pretty cool.

An original looks like this:

The Marshall knobs were sadly fractionally too big and didn't look right with the yellow :(
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jubal81

Top notch. Love the color scheme and it looks absolutely pro.

Looks like a millennium bypass. I've thought a lot about how to get away from Taiwan blues, but it seems the other options turn out to not be a lot cheaper.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jimmybjj

perfect execution. Your application of envirotex is amazing.
Pcbs no longer available

juansolo

Ah, Mr C does the Envirotex and I'm quite happy for him to do it also. Saying that, I do get the fun bit afterwards when it comes to drilling them. I'd still like to find an easier way of doing that!

Yep, it's a millenium board. It allows us to use more robust stomps than the 3PDT jobbies, so we try to use them when we can.

mjcyates

That looks quite nice! Very pro.

gtr2

That's a great looking build.  The color and graphic work well together.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Bret608

So the Marshall knobs were too big? Hmm, I was thinking of using them on mine. Was it due to the graphic or the drill layout? Anyway, looks fantastic! I love the old Coloursound look.

juansolo

Just due to the labeling. If I'd planned to use them in the first place I could have moved the labels and made it all fit no probs.

nzCdog

omg...  slick!  lurvely work js 8)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: jimmybjj on July 01, 2012, 05:03:11 PM
perfect execution. Your application of envirotex is amazing.

My thoughts exactly. It looks so good!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals