News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cosmopolitan enclosure - font suggestions!

Started by Bret608, August 27, 2012, 03:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

Hi everyone,

I've got my Cosmopolitan all set to box and am just waiting on the enclosure and footswitch. I ordered one in OBD green from PPP and got some white/aluminum knurled knobs from Smallbear.

I also got some clear waterslide decal paper so as to attempt that for the first time. I'm hoping to use a font that's kind of "old time drugstore" or "old Coca Coal ad" in feel. Any suggestions?

I'm using Illustrator so would need to go with whatever fonts are in there, unless there is another place to grab them from and install them. I just don't have a fantastic eye for this stuff, even though I have figured out how to design a decal at least!

Thanks,

Bret

Haberdasher

I found this
http://www.dafont.com/loki-cola.font
pretty much straight coca cola, there.  do you like that one?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

DutchMF

You should try and find the font from the title of the "Sex and the City" series, doesn't get much more Cosmopolitan than that! And yes, I do watch TV with my wife sometimes......  ::)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Bret608

Quote from: Haberdasher on August 27, 2012, 03:20:01 PM
I found this
http://www.dafont.com/loki-cola.font
pretty much straight coca cola, there.  do you like that one?

I do! Thanks for pointing this out. It even lets you preview your particular text with the font. Really fun to play with! How do you go about actually getting the font into your graphic design program?

Quote from: DutchMF on August 27, 2012, 04:13:20 PM
You should try and find the font from the title of the "Sex and the City" series, doesn't get much more Cosmopolitan than that! And yes, I do watch TV with my wife sometimes......  ::)

Paul

I wish I could remember how that looks! I never did catch onto that particular show. I briefly considered going with some kind of cranberry color to symbolize the actual drink, though!  ::)

Haberdasher

Quote from: Bret608 on August 27, 2012, 04:34:54 PMHow do you go about actually getting the font into your graphic design program?

Hey Brett, you just install the font to your 'puter and it should show up in the font list of most any program on your machine.  For Windows 7 you just unzip it if needed, right click and choose install.  You may have to restart your graphics program for it to show up, but not usually.  I'm not a mac so I don't know how it's done there.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

Bret608

Hey Keefe, the dafont site is too much fun! You should've never told me about it!  ;)

I'm playing around with the cola one you found as well as some of the hundreds they have in the "retro" theme library. I really like this one called "Campanile"--it has this Euro-retro-modern, Toulouse-Lautrec kind of vibe that's just what I was after. Now that I see it, anyway! I told you, I have pretty bad eyes for this stuff. At least in terms of visualizing, that is.

See attached and let me know how this looks...

Haberdasher

haha, yeah man.  watch out- before you know it you'll be like me, with a really unwieldy list of fonts to scroll through.  try to be selective, there are many many many fonts out there....

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

pryde

Here is another one. I have found some cool fonts on this one:

http://www.1001freefonts.com/

Bret608

Thanks! This one also looks really cool. Checking out the sci-fi themes as we speak...