News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Shoot the Moon - Mucho Output

Started by eldanko, August 19, 2012, 08:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

Howdy friends -

Just finished building up CJ's Shoot the Moon trem.  It sounds great, but it has a TON of output... I'm getting unity volume almost immediately on the gain pot, and then tons more...

No part subs in my build... used a NSL32-SR3 optocoupler.  Opamps are TL072CN and JRC4558D. 

So... where should I look for my problem?   ;D
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

midwayfair

Quote from: eldanko on August 19, 2012, 08:08:51 PM
Howdy friends -

Just finished building up CJ's Shoot the Moon trem.  It sounds great, but it has a TON of output... I'm getting unity volume almost immediately on the gain pot, and then tons more...

No part subs in my build... used a NSL32-SR3 optocoupler.  Opamps are TL072CN and JRC4558D. 

So... where should I look for my problem?   ;D

Pretty sure it's supposed to be like this. (Mine is.) :)

Change it out for a 5K (audio if necessary) and it's much more manageable. I did this on my recent mini one.

culturejam

The proto I built went from unity gain to pretty loud.

You could try lowering the value of R13.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

GrindCustoms

I also had a little surprise the first time i hooked it to the break out box, all pot set a noon..... :o
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

eldanko

Ok sweet, so I DIDN'T do anything wrong!  (Sorry... I tend to jump to that conclusion rather quickly given my track record)

I love the sound of this thing.  It's easily the quietest trem I've owned.  Really great design culturejam!

Yes, GC... bout blew a hole through the wall with my Super Reverb when I first engaged...

www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense