News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EgoDriver Issue

Started by teknoman2, August 06, 2012, 02:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

When you say you have signal through R1, and R2, but nothing on R3 that's a bit confusing. Rather than talk about through, talk about which side of the part you get sound on. For example, you could say, "I get sound on the front side of R2, but not on the back side." This would mean that you get sound on the input side of R2 based on the schematic, but not on the output side of R2.

If that were the case, then I would say that either the soldering on that part is bad, the output of R2 is being grounded somehow, or perhaps R2 is faulty.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

teknoman2

I ment that I have signal on the front side of R1 but not on the back side. (R1 back side is grounded from the schematic).

I have signal through C1 on both sides.

Instead on R2 I have signal only on the front side and no on the back side (from the schematic the back side of R2 isnt grounded).

You suggest to replace R2 and check the soldering on that part??

mgwhit

Quote from: teknoman2 on August 09, 2012, 09:28:31 PM
I ment that I have signal on the front side of R1 but not on the back side. (R1 back side is grounded from the schematic).

I have signal through C1 on both sides.

Instead on R2 I have signal only on the front side and no on the back side (from the schematic the back side of R2 isnt grounded).

You suggest to replace R2 and check the soldering on that part??

Be careful not to get into "I need to replace components" mode too quickly.  I think it's much more likely that you have a short to ground than you have a bad part.  Test for continuity to ground from both the front and back of R2.