News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MOTHER FUZZER (Ugly Face)

Started by bigrigg, August 07, 2012, 10:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigrigg

You Mother Fuzzer!  That's right.  Non Madbean, Ugly Face circuit.  PCB from musicpcb.com.  Good service from them folks.
This thing is nuts.  Harsh fuzz with lots of crazy sounds from cocked wah to octave up and down, added static, oscillates, sputters or gated etc. You can still get a regular fuzz with tons of sustain. I only added a few minor mods which were:
Changed Frequency pot to 250 k from BOM of 100 k.  More range.
Added a 1 N cap to input which eliminated some of the high end screech sounds here and there.
Added a 1M resistor to the volume pot as it was MEGA loud.  This tamed the beast.
Highly recommend this build if you like any whacky fuzz stuff.
Hope you enjoy.

GrindCustoms

Nice one! I've been tempted by that fuzz for a while now.

Looks Great!

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

culturejam

That's a sharp build, my friend.  :)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

juansolo

One of my favorite effects. There's a vero in Member's projects for the UF+LFO+mods.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

calciferspit

I built this one too and I love it. I added a voltage starve to mine for even more tweakability.

Haberdasher

Love it.

I bought all the parts to make this one a while back so I guess I'll need to get a pcb sometime soon.  The sounds in the demos of this thing are bananas so I've been wanting to play around with one.  Although I'm not sure how much I'd actually use it.  But you guys know how it is.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

bigrigg

There are plenty of useable or "musical" settings.  Not to worry.  To be fair, there are some pointless settings of just awful noise, but that happens with most any of the whacky tweakable stuff.

Voltage starve.  Good idea.  I have a separate starve box I made and posted here called Zeus.  I will have to try the two together.  Weeee