News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbag Problems

Started by pdub, January 05, 2012, 01:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdub

Hi group

I built up a MN3005 version of the Dirtbag with a Roadrage and it works great but it has weird intermittent problem. It starts oscillating out of nowhere and then after some time it goes away. It's only on the delay side and the frequency changes with the delay pot. It's a lowish clicky pulsating sound not a high squeal. It seems like a clock thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks! Charles

madbean

Could be that you I/O or power supply wires are running too close to some ICs.

Or, it could be a band IC somewhere. Have you audio probed to see if you can locate the source?

plesur

I got some background clicking in my build by having the input jack too close to IC 7. You could check that you don't have unshielded wires or connections near there.

pdub

Thanks for the help guys.

I waited until it started acting up again and pushing down on one on the MN3005's made it go away. Perhaps it needed to be pushed in the socket more or maybe I have a bad solder joint. It's been on since last night and still working so if it happens again I'll take it out of the box and re-flow the solder joints.

Brian this is an amazing project. It sounds great and your layout is a true wok of art!

Thanks, Charles