News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Blown away by Dirk's delay

Started by jubal81, July 07, 2012, 03:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

Dirk Hendrik posted a 2399 delay in the FSB for the non-dirt contest and I seriously can't believe what I heard in the clip. I have a sensitive ear for digital and he's got this so well filtered I honestly don't think I could pick it out of a lineup of analog boxes.
Check it out:

Soundclip
http://soundcloud.com/dirk_hendrik/fsb-delay

Thread
http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=17767
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

BRGPollen

I agree ..... amazing.   Take a minute to scroll down and check out the tremolo vid.  Super tasty!  Lotsa tallent out there and here!!

"B"
The Musician's Theory of Relativity . . . . . E=Fb

jubal81

The tones those guys are getting is outta this world. A couple things just moved to the top of the "must build" list.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

LaceSensor

maybe its just my speakers but I didnt think it was anything special?

culturejam

Quote from: LaceSensor on July 07, 2012, 09:42:29 PM
maybe its just my speakers but I didnt think it was anything special?

I thought it sounded good. But I can still here some hiss in the longer repeats. I know it's pretty much unavoidably with a PT2399 and keeping the repeats bright. But I still would rather have a darker tone with no hiss.

I'm just impressed with the novel approach that Dirk took. He's wicked-smaht!  :D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

LaceSensor

Don't get me wrong love the idea and the smarts involved but I hear hiss and one kinda odd white noise in the repeats not sure if that's just the pt but seemed there at shorter times too.

Anyway I'm not trying to detract, I wanna build it sometime. Just so many delays!

I'm doing the Neptune as my next pt anyway
Never got round to the Magnus either