Haberdasher

awesome paul, awesome
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

stecykmi

Quote from: JakeFuzz on April 26, 2012, 02:35:20 PM
Quote from: stecykmi on April 26, 2012, 06:09:03 AM
oh man, an all tube comp sounds awesome, keep us updated on that one.

beautiful build, i'd love to see a schematic!

Ill draw up a schematic this weekend. Part values are still moving around until I find a good balance between the normal and bright channels. The tube comp was actually my mixing engineer friend's idea. He has a couple of model numbers he really likes to use on guitar tracks so when I am ready I will get the info from him.

cool, that transformer seems to be a really good way to do low-cost tube circuits.

JakeFuzz

Yeah Hoffman amps sells a similar one that is much, much smaller. It is a toroidal transformer that has PC pin leads. I went with this one because it was much easier to figure an external mounted solution. The toroidal seems like it would be nice if I could etch a board for it and put it inside the enclosure. May be worth looking into in the future. It does run at lower voltage, about 240VDC under load as opposed to 380VDC of the Weber.

http://www.hoffmanamps.com/MyStore/perlshop.cgi?action=template&thispage=Transformers&ORDER_ID=525449462

CarpathiART

I already had few more projects in mind for future but ever since seeing this thing I´ve been looking after the prices of transformers and such! :D Really stylish and inspirational creation!

nzCdog

thats the biznis!  sick build paul 8)

juansolo

Looks stunning dude.

I have to admit that I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered an Ampmaker Double Six kit. Gonna start stock with it, but I have plans ;-)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

JakeFuzz

Thanks Juan. Your tube builds inspired me to make this in the first place. That amp kit looks wild. You can build it single ended OR push-pull; that is really interesting. Looks very versatile. Please post a report when that is finished up, I would love to see how it goes. 

juansolo

Quote from: JakeFuzz on June 22, 2012, 03:38:15 PM
Thanks Juan. Your tube builds inspired me to make this in the first place. That amp kit looks wild. You can build it single ended OR push-pull; that is really interesting. Looks very versatile. Please post a report when that is finished up, I would love to see how it goes.  

Will do.

He's still setting up his new premises so I won't see it until the end of July sadly. But I'm itching to get cracking with that. Really interesting little amp that!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

bigmufffuzzwizz

So badass! I bet it sounds great!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

JakeFuzz

Magic man, you have to cruise up here and try this thing sometime. It sounds like a Marshall but coming out of my Twin! Seriously gritty and biting tones out of this one. I put a long plate 12ax7 in as V2 and it adds a nice amount presence. One of the coolest sounding things I have made to date. I am making a second one as my next project!