News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ring modulator

Started by Jamiroking, June 21, 2010, 08:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamiroking

The zvex ringtone tt seems like one of his more usable "weird noise" pedals but I would take anything. I can't find a pcb for a ring mod anywhere
Thanks

madbean

The Ringtone has been on my mind for quite a while as a project. I'm thinking this will happen sooner rather than later. Due to my experience from the wah sequencer, I think it will be an easy enough design. Once things settle down a bit here, I will look into tracking down a Ringtone.

Jamiroking

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I can't wait!

Thanks Brian!

lincolnic

A Ringtone would be pretty awesome and exciting, but how about a "normal" ring mod pedal as well? (I mean, one without a step sequencer.) Maybe something like Craig Anderton's ring mod from Electronics Projects for Musicians, the one that everyone says is impossible to build because of a discontinued chip?

Jamiroking

Yeah that'd be cool too. I was attracted to the Ringtone not because of the sequencer but the possibility that you could "tune" each of the steps to different notes and select which one would fit the song. But like I said, any ring mod would be welcomed.

Jamiroking

I know the zvex style is kind of out of the question now but any chance a ring mod is coming up in these wave of awesome designs you've been coming out with?

aballen

Digging up an old thread.  Is there a beans ring mod yet?