News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hey Madbean! (and you others): Whats your favorite OD?

Started by Beedoola, June 27, 2012, 02:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p_wats

My BYOC 250 is the first pedal I ever built and still my favourite OD.

JakeFuzz

The Catalinbread stuff is about as Fizz-less as I have heard yet. They do have a sort of amp-like feel to them as well. I really like the SFT (I've built 3). I am building up a RAH pretty soon here too.

My favorite though has to be the screwdriver or the OCD. I know the SD isn't what you are looking for but it does sound very good. Great dynamics and fuzzy sustain and smoothness. The decay can get a little crackly at the low gain settings though.

Beedoola

For those that asked about the rig used with said hypothetical OD, its: 79' Les Paul Custom (stock p'ups) into a non master volume Ampeg V4>Marshall 4x12 w/ v30s or a Amgeg Gemini I

jimijam

I like a well tuned ge fuzz face with the fuzz backed off a bit (especially with single coils). it has a smooth overdrive tone that responds better than anything with playing dynamics a the guitars volume knob. I love the clean tones that a ff delivers as well. it would be my desert island pedal. also really like the catalinbread sft (mb faultline) it's a bass effect but sounds awesome with guitar IMO. it has a very warm (dark) vintage-y amp like tone great for classic rock and rythym playing.
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!