News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slow loris. Waterclear LED or diffused for inner diodes?

Started by greysun, June 28, 2012, 11:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greysun

Hey guys... Building up my slow loris. I accidentally got Waterclear red LEDs. Will these work for the inner diodes on the slow loris?

Let me know and thanks in advance.

pryde

Sure the waterclears will work fine. I used them for my recent slow loris build and they sound great. No matter what LEDs you use, you will here a drastic difference from the other 1n914 doides in the circuit.

jtn191

yeah, was just playing mine :) the difference is that the LEDs are louder and much less ratty distortion and more open classic OD

greysun

I used em. I haven't connected the switches or anything yet, but was able to get the LEDs to clip a little when I mechanically connected the pots with the battery connected.

I'm going for billy from oh my gods bass sound with this one. If you're not familiar, iTunes the songs get steady, burn burn burn, the sneak, and this is the worst oater ever. He uses an old ProCo rat and said that newer ones dont have the same sound, so I don't think I'll get it exact, but somewhere in that arena is where I'd like to be. I'm using big muffs (well, mudbunnies shortly), so I hope that they work well together. Thus far, his is the only bass distortion that doesn't sound like crap live... And I've heard a lot of crappy bass distortions.