News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Prince Albert (C'Bread RAH Clone)

Started by raulduke, August 13, 2012, 09:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

This is my Catalinbread RAH clone I built up over the weekend.

Sadly it has not turned me into Jimmy Page, although maybe a Dragon themed jump suit may help me get there  ;D

Sound great with HB's (as Catalinbread mention), and responds to boosters really well.

From my experience with the pedal, it certainly is dynamic and can clean up really nicely.

I used PCB mounted pots on my PCB which made things a lot easier.

Sod wiring up all those pots by hand   :D

I have 2 PCB's spare if anyone is interested in buying one (PM me if so).

Good times, hope you like the pics!

hoodoo

G'day mate, looks great. The neatness and professional look of the internals of your pedals is something to strive for, love 'em.
I would be interested in one of those boards if still available,
thanks, Matt.

raulduke

Cheers Dude!

I'm really trying to get them looking neat at the moment.

I used to be lazy and not bother with graphics, but I think its worth the b*lls ache!

I love doing PCB layouts as well; I think it may be my favourite part of the whole building process.

The PCB's are sold (pending payments being received). I'll let you know if this falls through though.

I'm considering getting a small batch of PCB's done for us DIY'ers; its a bit on the complex side to build on vero easily so people might want the option for a DIY project.

pickdropper

Quote from: raulduke on August 13, 2012, 11:42:15 AM
Cheers Dude!

I'm really trying to get them looking neat at the moment.

I used to be lazy and not bother with graphics, but I think its worth the b*lls ache!

I love doing PCB layouts as well; I think it may be my favourite part of the whole building process.

The PCB's are sold (pending payments being received). I'll let you know if this falls through though.

I'm considering getting a small batch of PCB's done for us DIY'ers; its a bit on the complex side to build on vero easily so people might want the option for a DIY project.

First of all, that is another great build.  Nice and clean.

I agree about the graphics.  Sometimes, they take me longer than actually building the pedal, but it worth it in the end.  It also does a good job at slowing me down, which needs to happen at this point as I am running out of pedals that I actually need.   ;D

I am also finding a lot of fun in PCB layout.  I've been working with both Eagle and Altium, but unfortunately most of the existing libraries are in Eagle, so I generally use that for pedal PCBs. 
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bret608

I agree about the graphics forcing one to slow down a bit. I've gone from being rather slow to having three boards ready to box at the same time! The slowing down will help me avoid laying out so much cash on enclosures at a time.

I'm curious raulduke, do you use Illustrator? I'd love to know your technique for making the letters on your decals "hollow" (where the color shows through) and the surrounding section black. I've always loved this look on Earthquaker's pedals and it's great on yours too!

raulduke

Hey Dude,

Thanks for the compliments!

I use an old copy of serif page plus (don't laugh :D) software.

I don't use decal/waterslide paper, I use clear adhesive labels.

They are printed on a laser printer, so ink is not as costly as it would be on a inkjet.

The text etc. is white in my software, so prints clear on the labels.

When the labels are first applied they look 'cloudy'/'satin' finished. After a few coats of clear enamel lacquer the label seems to 'meld' to the enclosure, getting the text to show through transparently.

I couldn't tell you the brand of labels (I nick/borrow them from work so have no idea!) but I think any type should be ok.

I basically do it this way as I don't like faffing around with waterslide decals; I find this method much easier  :)!

Hope this helps.

gtr2

I really like the theme/look on your last few pedals!  Pro stuff!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimmybjj

really nice layout! did you use the import-bmp ulp for all of those graphics?
Pcbs no longer available

raulduke

Cheers Guys!

"did you use the import-bmp ulp for all of those graphics?"

No mate, I just used the lines and shapes tools available in Eagle, didn't take too long.

I've never tried the .bmp tool, maybe I'll give it a shot at somepoint.

midwayfair

You better let him out!

Super clean build. And a nice layout. Everything's all straight lines inside. :)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Top notch work!! I'm liking the look of your 3pdt boards..might be interested in a few to try.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals