News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PPP Penny Vein enclosure - knob suggestions

Started by Bret608, June 13, 2012, 04:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

Hi all,

I have a Penny Vein 1590bb I got in a trade with Jacob--I'll be using it on my Wolfshirt build. What would be the best looking knobs to use with this? I can't get past cream or white Davies 1400s in my head, but am certainly no expert at picking the best colors or sizes!

Cheers,

Bret

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

GermanCdn

I've got a few of the vein finishes from PPP, and I've found that the large MXR style octagonal knobs in cream or white look the sharpest, the black ones tend not to stand out enough, IMHO.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

thetrend77

Bret608

Hey thetrend77, I used those exact Mammoth knobs on my Pork Barrel and they look really cool. I got the blue star sparkle for PPP for it...hope to get time to do a build report soon!

GermanCDN, thanks for the tip--I could see that looking great on the Penny Vein. May also try the "synth pointer #2" from Smallbear--that's one where black might work well as Josh mentions.

G.G.

I had some cream knobs on mine but they didn't look quite as good as I had hoped so I switched them out for black.  I know, boring, but I guess I was going for more of an antique vibe.  ;D

jubal81

I like it. Looks classy. How did you do the lettering?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

G.G.

Bret608

Those black knobs look fantastic with the Penny Vein! I'm sure I'm way overthinking this choice.

atreidesheir

I was thinking cream, but the black is quite pimp.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

lincolnic