News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

iStomp - Anyone tried one of these

Started by GermanCdn, May 22, 2012, 10:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GermanCdn

Saw it at L&M and seems kind of intriguing, especially at $1 - $10 per pedal module.  My gut tells me anything that digital is pretty much going to suck and it feels like heresy in most regards, but the curiousity is getting the better of me.  So, has anyone picked one of these up? 
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jkokura

There's one in my local shop. I suspect it's a novelty item, like that pedalboard that uses the iPad mounted right on it. The last place I want to put an iPad is anywhere neat feet on stage at a show...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Willybomb

QuoteThere's one in my local shop. I suspect it's a novelty item, like that pedalboard that uses the iPad mounted right on it. The last place I want to put an iPad is anywhere neat feet on stage at a show...
It's a cool idea, but my understanding of that pedalboard (the digitech one) is that the ipad is purely a controller for the knobs as you can actually gig without the ipad in the board - you just can't view or change your patch settings but you can certainly change between the patches like normal.  It'd make more sense just to put a decent LCD and knobs on the bloody thing.

The istomp seems like a bit of a waste of time.