News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Soda Meiser / GZ - Full Capacitance Edition

Started by calciferspit, May 16, 2012, 02:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calciferspit

Because 'why not?!'.
Orange Drops, tranny switch for SM/GZ. Bought a parts kit and it came with crap caps and a cheap noisy tranny (not the good kind). I threw them out and used my Drops and NOS cantrans. This thing rips. It is dead quiet with a perfect natural gate and so much BASS, especially the GZ mode.  I've been tinkering with the SM and its derivatives for years and I've finally found MY perfect version. I know it looks like someone threw up green spaghetti in there. but I kinda improvised the fit.

midwayfair

hehe it actually looks like "guts" in the thumbnail.

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Diamond

That looks insane!  ;D

Could you post or link the schematics you used to build this?

calciferspit

Quote from: Diamond on May 16, 2012, 09:03:13 PM
That looks insane!  ;D

Could you post or link the schematics you used to build this?
it is a fabbed board for a Soda Meiser from devievers etsy store. the bom is on there. i subbed the caps for the same value of orange drop 716s. Needed to use both sides of the board to fit them. i ran the tranny cbe to the middle of a 3pdt on-on switch and put the SM and GZ trannys on each end. Switch the collector and emitter of the SM tranny and you have the Vintage Fuzz Master. i used NOS metal can trannys instead of the plastic original. i wired it up with madbeans general diagram. 125b box. 100ka pots. Ive seen schemes for this online but results and opinions vary. i just went to the source and got a fabbed board and put goodfun parts on it. but $30 + for a 10 component board means someone should "improve" the original for diy.

jubal81

Way cool. Looks like an alien laid eggs in there. Eww.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

raulduke