News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Smoothie Phase 45! 2nd baby build

Started by pryde, May 03, 2012, 07:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Here is the Smoothie phase 45. Keeping with the same theme of my baby builds, this one has an almond top with raw aluminum sides, green LED. I built it using matched 2n5952 transistors. I used open Neutrik jacks this time and had to sand and bend here and there to get it to work. I socketed the transistors but not the ICs.

Now the sound: the Smoothie is MUCH better than my GGG phase 45. First, there is very little, if any volume drop when engaged, Second the effect is more subtle with a light-easy phase that I like just to add some prettyness to the sound. The GGG had a really deep end on the bottom of the phase anf made it "warble" to much. However, this made it more univibe-ish at full speed which the Smoothie lacks.

Anyway, very happy with this one and will likely give the GGG to a friend.

Sigesmundninja

Tight and tidy! I really like this creamy-yellowish color I've seen on a least three of your recent builds, what color is that?

pryde

Quote from: Sigesmundninja on May 03, 2012, 08:59:20 PM
Tight and tidy! I really like this creamy-yellowish color I've seen on a least three of your recent builds, what color is that?

Thanks for the props. The color is just plain-old Rustoleum gloss-enamel Almond color. Should be able to find it just about anywhere. I used a rustoleum grey primer underneath, and gloss enamel clear on top. End result seams to be fairly durable.

rullywowr

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer