News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Grapevine Mod –Rock/Rawk modes on a pot instead of DPDT?

Started by jasonstomps, May 01, 2012, 06:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonstomps

Hi,

Probably a silly noob question, but I was wondering if it would be possible to have the Grapevine Rock/Rawk modes on a pot (dual gang) instead of a switch.  Would it even work for sweeping between the Rock/Rawk modes? 

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Thanks
Jason D

jkokura

The switch is a bit more complicated than you might think. One one setting, it involves two capacitors in two areas of the circuit. In the other setting it involves three capacitors and two resistors in one area while removing both of the caps from the other setting What I'm saying is that it's not like switching between two caps, or two resistors, there are a lot more parts involved and in two different areas of the circuit.

This stuff works well on a switch, not on a pot.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jasonstomps

Aw nuts.  I thought I could get away with using a dual-gang like this, but you're right, probably works much better on the switch.

Not that having the toggle switch is a bad thing, I just always want to turn knobs...
Jason D

jkokura

In theory you could do that, but I wonder about it's effectiveness.

If you build it, try it on a breadboard first. Also, be aware that you need to have at one extreme be the inclusion of only C2 and C5 in the circuit removing C6-8/R7-8, and at the other extreme of the pot be their exclusion while only having C6-8/R7-8.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals