News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Green Bean

Started by mjcyates, April 16, 2012, 12:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjcyates

Haven't posted any builds in a while. Here is my newly completed Green Bean. I socketed some caps and all of the diodes so I can experiment a little. I used this on a gig Friday night and it sounded great. Next up is a Hotcake and a Lunar Module. Here are some pics.

Diamond

Nice, clean wiring, but it looks like you missed a wire on the output jack. Did you not ground that?

Also, which diodes and caps did you end up liking after experimenting with it?

jaidee

Quote from: Diamond on April 17, 2012, 08:53:07 AM
Nice, clean wiring, but it looks like you missed a wire on the output jack. Did you not ground that?

Looks to me like wiring as per MadBean's standard wiring diagram - grounded through the metal of the pedal case, so no need for the extra earth wire.

Love the colour!

DutchMF

The Greenest Bean so far! Looks great, not a fan of board-mounted pots, I presume? I love the sound of my GB with a wah and an overdriven amp, tried that already?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

mjcyates

QuoteNice, clean wiring, but it looks like you missed a wire on the output jack. Did you not ground that?

Thanks, that ground wire is not necessary it is grounded through the enclosure.

QuoteLove the colour!

It is the granny smith sparkle from Mammoth. Their quality seems to have improved.

QuoteThe Greenest Bean so far! Looks great, not a fan of board-mounted pots, I presume? I love the sound of my GB with a wah and an overdriven amp, tried that already?

Thanks! Nothing against board mounted pots, I just like this enclosure and layout because it is consistent with most of my other pedals.