News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pastyface (Soulbender)

Started by pryde, April 06, 2012, 02:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Here is my Pastyface built to the "Soulbender" spec using 2N1306 NPN trannies from smallbear. Painted the enclosure almond color and paid homage to Jimmy Page as he is probably my biggest guitar influence of all.

This thing sounds really nice although it has much more gain than I anticipated, even with the bias turned low. Don' have anything to really judge by though as I have not owned any tonebender-type pedals.

sgmezei

All my Benders have had huge gain as well. Nice build!!!! Zep II is my favourite

nzCdog

pryde

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes this thing has huge gain. I think my Cosmo nails the Zep tones much better but this thing is pretty cool on its own.

Bret608

I really like the font you used on the decal! Where did you get that, or maybe I should ask, is it available in any of the common programs like Illustrator?

You should try the Bumblebee if you get a chance...the Buzzaround is in the MKIII family as well, but has kind of its own flavor going. Strangely enough, with mine (not built my me I must admit) I was able to get a good "Communication Breakdown" tone even though the Buzz' has tons of gain and is a bit wilder than the MKIII!

pryde

Quote from: Bret608 on April 10, 2012, 04:02:53 PM
I really like the font you used on the decal! Where did you get that, or maybe I should ask, is it available in any of the common programs like Illustrator?

I use Inkscape for all my decals. THe font is called "Bauhaus 93"

Sigesmundninja

bet it sounds just as good as it looks!