News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Quasar Mods question about C3 & C5

Started by fair.child, March 06, 2012, 08:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fair.child

Hey folks,

I am working on a Quasar AC build and I just want to make sure the Quasar -AC documentation was right. I want to make a Bass mod which listed on Quasar-AC documentation. It seems C3 & C5 are 47n and I realized a little bit difference with C3,C4 and C5.

I will put Silver Mica 150pF on C3 as listed at Quasar AC doc.

My question is that true if I wanted the mod then I should swap the Silver Mica with 47n ? or I should swap the  C4 and C5, which it has more make sense if I swap it to 47n. I realized that two 33n caps should be at higher value to add up more bass and C3 should be Silver Mica or let it 150 pF, but this is still my assumption for AC- Quasar. I haven't tried my Quasar yet, because of Bass mod confusion.

So please provide me the correct information about Quasar AC- Bass Mod

Cheers all

oldhousescott

Yes, swap C4 and C5. That must be a typo in the doc for the bass mod to swap C3. 150pF is correct for C3.

C4 and C5 affect the turnover frequency for the bass response, and C6 and C8 affect the turnover frequency for the treble response. C1 at 100n lets in a bit more bass at the front end.

fair.child

Quote from: oldhousescott on March 15, 2012, 05:51:58 PM
Yes, swap C4 and C5. That must be a typo in the doc for the bass mod to swap C3. 150pF is correct for C3.

C4 and C5 affect the turnover frequency for the bass response, and C6 and C8 affect the turnover frequency for the treble response. C1 at 100n lets in a bit more bass at the front end.

hey thank you for your confirm oldhousescott,
I built this one yesterday, without prompt errata/ correction that we discussed above.

My quasar - RC Boost seems to buffered when I plugged into amp, because I changed c3 into 47 n, as mentioned on Quasar Doc. My guess is right, it should be 150pF to obtain non buffered output from quasar. I will suggest to next build and be careful with this confusing typo.

Again, the errata for quasar mod are
c1-100n
c3-151pF
c4-47n
c5-47n
c6-10n
c8-10n

that's all folks :D

Cheers all