News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Combining Two Pedals (big muff and double muff), plus a few mods.

Started by noisepunk, March 16, 2012, 05:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noisepunk

I'd like to turn my big muff and double muff into my own varient of the Big Muff Germanium4, Fulltone GT-500 and other similar pedals.

I have an enclosure picked out that should fit everything, even if that winds up requiring some fancy mounting, so now I just need a more solid plan of how I'm going to make this work.

So here's a rundown of what I'd like in this pedal:

•Single power supply (option of either battery or 9volt adapter, as is standard on both pedals).
•Bypass switch for the big muff (already accomplished :P)
•Replace the on off switch on the double muff with a depression switch
•Replace the bypass switch on the double muff with an on off switch
•Add a master bypass switch
•Add a power on off switch for when running on battery power.

Hopefully all of this is accomplishable- I have everything but the enclosure, so the sooner I can get this figured out, the sooner I can get this built!

I'd also love you opinion on the most effective way of applying a graphic similar to the original- I'm guessing they used silkscreen, which is an option, but not ideal do to funds unfortunately, unless I outsourced it.

Thanks  :)

Diamond

What's a depression switch? Do you perhaps mean a momentary footswitch?

And what do you mean by "Replace the bypass switch on the double muff with an on off switch"? Isn't that already an on and off switch?

noisepunk

Depression is a footswitch, momentary or latch, but latch in this case- on off would be a toggle switch.

Sorry, thanks for asking for clarification, I know there are common abbreviations for both of these, but I haven't memorized them yet

DutchMF

Quote from: noisepunk on March 16, 2012, 05:36:34 AM
So here's a rundown of what I'd like in this pedal:

•Single power supply (option of either battery or 9volt adapter, as is standard on both pedals).
•Bypass switch for the big muff (already accomplished :P)
•Replace the on off switch on the double muff with a depression switch
•Replace the bypass switch on the double muff with an on off switch
•Add a master bypass switch
•Add a power on off switch for when running on battery power.

The best thing you can do is check out the Standard Wiring Diagram here on the Madbean site. For the other stuff, like the master bypass, google will give you a lot of info

Here's a diagram I got from www.singlecoil.com, just replace the loops with the circuitboards from your pedals.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

noisepunk

That makes a lot of sense actually, I should've probably though of that. Thank you, that's probably exactly what I need.