News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tardis (Cave Dweller I)

Started by saxoftenest, March 12, 2012, 02:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saxoftenest

WOW. I am super impressed with the sound of this delay. The echo and dwell controls are quite interesting and yield awesome results. And, given the small footprint, I could theoretically have three of these on my board preset to various settings and not feel guilty.  :D

Anyway, as promised, the wibbly wobbly timey wimey Tardis:

Mid-wiring:

Ready to seal the lid:

Using these normal-sized components is NOT recommended. Notice the standing resistors? The flying cap? Hell, there's even a resistor teepee in there. I'm now prepared to order the proper parts for all the forthcoming baby boards!  ;)

DutchMF

Respect! That is a lot of wiring in such a small box! When I saw your 2nd pic I had an idea, if you rotate 2 of the pots 1/4 turn CW, you could board-mount them Zvex-style, but then on 2 sides of the board..... Would that make building 1590A's any easier?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

madbean

If you have double layer perf, you can also mount three pots on one strip: two toward the top, one toward the bottom (to allow space for knobs). I think I have some around somewhere...so I haven't actually done that myself :)

DutchMF

Quote from: madbean on March 12, 2012, 04:43:20 PM
If you have double layer perf, you can also mount three pots on one strip: two toward the top, one toward the bottom (to allow space for knobs). I think I have some around somewhere...so I haven't actually done that myself :)

Thanks Brian, that was what I meant, only you put it much clearer. With pots mounted on a board that way there would probably be not much space left for the other parts though..... Maybe two small boards in one enclosure? Mount the pots to one board and the jacks/LED/switch to the other? I think I'm bitten by the Baby Board Bug, despite my large hands and feet.......
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

nzCdog

Awesome!  Well built :o  Great colour too!

jtn191

TNblueshawk

John