News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Build Report - Madbean Slow Loris "Dennis Distortion" with eyes

Started by chromesphere, March 19, 2012, 02:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Hey dudes,
This is a gift to a friend of mine (Dennis).  Quite a few hours spent, but i wanted to give him something a little bit above par.  Anyway, this is the build report.  Theres a short demo at the start showing the eyes flashing.  Hope you like!
Paul

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

sgmezei

Super cool man. I had a snarling dogs pedal that had two LED's for the dogs eyes but they were not for clipping. Very Rad.

nzCdog

That is evil!  Love the eyes... got to try this sometime  8)

chromesphere

Cheers guys. 

I didnt eq it very well when i made the video.  When Dennis comes around, i'm hoping to do a 'demo' video of it and try some mod comparisons / results etc.

I've seen others do led lights similar to these.  Robert Henry (deadastronaut) has a 'sound to light' board that you can run multiple led's off, and you can use it with any pedal. i'm planning on using this with my next build.

Paul

jtn191

chromesphere

Quote from: jtn191 on March 19, 2012, 10:48:14 PM
sweet design! that rat looks terrifying

Mission accomplished lol

I think its harder, for me personally, to present a guitar pedal in a video build report then with photos.  It's easier (for me) to disguise small imperfections and errors in photos, but in a video, you can see everything.  All edges, scratches, patchy paintwork, wiring, etc.  Anyway, a bit OT, just thinking out loud.

bangerang101

Whoever your giving it too better be pleased! This thing is awesome looking...Geez, wish somebody would make me a pedal as a gift!

Great job, man
Owner of Luck Duck Pedals (LDP)

raulduke

Brilliant pedal mate.

Clippereyez always look cool  :)

And what a gift for your mate; I hope he appreciates it!

marmaliser

chromesphere

Cheers guys.  Yeah thats the thing, you spend so many hours working on something, you EXPECT excitement. "what do you think dennis?" "yeah its good!" ".....GOOD!!!" :)

I've gone a bit lighting nuts with my next build.  I think you guys will dig this next one :) (coming soon).
Paul