News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sea Urchin problem..

Started by ckim715, February 25, 2012, 10:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckim715

I'm going to swap it out for a 4558. Let me get back to you in a sec. Thanks, Brian
-Charlie

ckim715

I'm stil only reading 6.8 with the 4558.
-Charlie

ckim715

voltage on the 1n4001 is reading 6.6. Could it be the 33R resistor, or the diode?
-Charlie

madbean

Are you sure you did not use a 3k3 resistor? Or higher? The bands should be orange-orange-black.

ckim715

the resistor bands are orange orange black gold brown. The DMM, set at 200 ohms, is reading 33.4.
-Charlie

ckim715

I think it might be a bad resistor. But would this explain the delay not working after a few minutes? If it was a bad resistor from the get go, and I'm not getting enough voltage, wouldn't it not work at all?
-Charlie

ckim715

Then again, if it was a bad resistor, my DmM wouldn't show 33.3, would it?
-Charlie

madbean

Take the resistor out and put a jumper in its place to see if that solves the problem. If you are running the effect on a well regulated power supply or battery it's superfluous, anyway. And it that does not solve it, then it could be somewhere else down the line in the supply chain.

ckim715

I jumpered the 33R, and now the LM7805 is getting massively hot. Can't figure out what's going on now.
-Charlie

ckim715

I have a 330R, is that too much to try and sub the 33R with?
-Charlie

ckim715

It was the 33R. I replaced it with a 100R, now it's working fine. Thanks again, Brian.
-Charlie

gtr2

I've been away for a couple days...

glad to see you got it working  :)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer