News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LEDs without bezels

Started by irmcdermott, February 28, 2012, 01:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

Hey everyone.

I've noticed a couple of builds that have the LEDs in place by themselves without being placed into a bezel. I was just wondering, when you do that, how do you secure it in place?

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

irmcdermott

chip46

I'll check and see what size bit I used, but I've been able to make the hole small enough that I can push the LED in and it doesn't move or come loose over time, but recently I started using some glue on it as well just to be cautious.

jtn191

madbean

Quote from: irmcdermott on February 28, 2012, 01:07:33 AM
Hey everyone.

I've noticed a couple of builds that have the LEDs in place by themselves without being placed into a bezel. I was just wondering, when you do that, how do you secure it in place?

Highly trained ants.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: madbean on February 28, 2012, 02:17:30 AM
Quote from: irmcdermott on February 28, 2012, 01:07:33 AM
Hey everyone.

Highly trained ants.

Yes, Nashville is known for these ants. I prefer the non union ones myself as they will both carry the LED and then hold it in place.
John

juansolo

The force, if the force is unavailable, I try and put it where it's near the stomp so the leg holds it in. If all else fails, glue.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

LaceSensor

held in place by stomp switch
held in place by tight hole (he he )
if all else fails. Glue, or tape.

jkokura

Quote from: juansolo on February 28, 2012, 04:02:05 PM
The force, if the force is unavailable, I try and put it where it's near the stomp so the leg holds it in. If all else fails, glue.

I also utilize the force. However, since I'm a level 70 Jedi, it's never unavailable.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

chip46

Forgot about checking on that drill bit size. It was a 3/16"

It's actually to small for the LED to go all the way through though, so I usually wiggle the bit around a little bit at a time until I get the perfect snug fit. If you go to a 1/4" I think it's too big, so it's probably like a 7/32" sized hole or something.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I use a small bit size, slightly smaller than the LED. From there I just file the hole a slight bit bigger. Takes a few mins but I can get the LED to snuggly fit without anything else. When I file too big, a bit of super glue does the trick though its near impossible to remove.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals