News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gravy Boat (Fuzz Face/Meathead).

Started by raulduke, March 04, 2012, 05:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

This is my 'Gravy Boat' fuzz that I built up using my own PCB design, with one of my 3PDT PCB's as well.

The PCB has board mounted pots, and with the 3PDT PCB, made for some neat looking guts.

The circuit is similar to a D*A*M Meathead but with variable bias and different in/out caps. The input cap is switchable to get a bit more variance in tone.

I really love this pedal. Not decided on trannies for it yet though; it currently has a couple of 2N3904's in there but I might see if I have anything more 'mojo' knocking about. It sounds great so I'm tempted just to leave it.

jimmybjj

very nice, I like your layout alot. Did you end up using the socket for IO on the 3pdt board? I can't find any sockets like the one your using, your board is just to cool.
Pcbs no longer available

raulduke

Cheers Jimmy; means a lot to get compliments from you after seeing some of the builds you are kicking out at the moment  :)

Yeah the socket/connector is used on the build. They are mounted on the underside of the 3PDT PCB so are difficult to see in the photos. We use the connectors and sockets at work so I have easy access to them.

Off topic, but I have had some of the 3PDT boards fabbed, so should be able to offer them (with the connector and socket) for a reasonable price to you guys pretty soon if anyone is interested. I used a 5 way socket on the fabbed board which allows mounting the LED in other locations other than next to the switch itself. I'll post some photos when I get the boards back.

bigmufffuzzwizz

This is such a great looking build! Pedal color for the effect of choice. I'm really excited to see your own pcbs. That's something I need to try and tackle again..
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals