News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel transistors...

Started by DutchMF, February 29, 2012, 08:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

He guys,

I was just about to put the transistors for my Pork Barrel in their sockets, when saw that they are labelled 2n5087 (it says 2n5088 on the baggy they came in, but that doesn't really matter, does it?). I first checked out some datasheets online, but couldn't really see that much of a difference..... can I use these, or should I exchange them for some proper 2n5088's?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Scruffie

5087s are PNP if I remember right so they wont work right, you need any standard NPN.
Works at Lectric-FX

madbean

You can use other NPN if you have them...2n3904, BC550, etc.

DutchMF

I have some 2n3904's i bought for my Wolfshirt and Currentlover boards, guess those two will have to wait then...... :( :(  Really wanna finish that Pork Barrel first, thanx for the help!!

Paul

PS: any good tips on websites/books that i can read to expand my knowledge of stuff like this? I mean, I knew there were NPN's and PNP's but what does what.......  ???

Bret608

Man, I wish I had gotten some extra 2n5088s when I ordered my Pork Barrel parts! I'd have been glad to share. That's good that you have a work-alike on hand though. I finally managed to check all my part values for my build but haven't started soldering yet. Can't wait to see your build report...

DutchMF

I already put the sockets on the board, so I'll just put in the 2n3904's and try to arrange the right ones from Banzai, their customer service is quite good and I'm still waiting for some parts that were back-ordered, so they could ship them with those. Once the correct transistors are in, I'll just swap them out. Hoorah for sockets!

But thanks for the offer, man!

DutchMF

Had some email contact with Banzai, they're gonna send me the 2n5088's and don't want the 2n5087's returned, so if anyone needs any, I have a couple to spare! That's some good service if you ask me...

Paul