News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ordering Custom PCBs?

Started by jchristo, February 24, 2012, 05:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jchristo

Greetings all - great site.

After much time scrounging the popular stompbox forums, I have not been able to discern whether there is an economical way to have a single custom PCB outsourced.  I am interested in undertaking a few of the DIY projects here but I'm not ready to wade into etching my own boards.

While I'm sure this is covered somewhere I cannot locate, would anyone be willing to give me the lowdown or provide a link?

Many thanks!

jimmybjj

Check out Okeefe,  he is from this forum and he does the best boards I've seen. And he is a great guy :)

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=2038.msg15868#msg15868
Pcbs no longer available

madbean

Welcome to the forum!

I'm a little confused as to whether you mean PCBs for madbeanpedals projects or something else when you say "custom PCB".

Anyway, if you are looking for PCBs for the discontinued projects, please go to the BUY/SELL/TRADE area. Forum member Habedasher can get you hooked up.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=2038.0

jchristo

Thanks for the info gents.  I was indeed referring to some of the DIY Madbean projects for which there are no "official" Madbean boards for sale.  I saw the referenced thread but as Murphy's Law dictates, I'm after the Sunking first and foremost.

I'd be obliged to hear about any potential sources.

Also, I'd just like to reiterate my appreciation for this site.  The fantastic project pdf's have been one of my prime resources for figuring out this stompbox stuff.  I'm less than a month into this hobby and here are my results:

- BYOC Classic Compressor (to build soldering chops)
- Keeley DS-1 Ultra (to build desoldering chops and modding capability)
- The full 30+ component SD-1 to Fulldrive conversion (mod values courtesy of 11 Gauge/Machine Head at TDPRI) complete with switchable clipping arrays, flat mids, and comp cut.  I ended up swapping out the MOSFETS (meh) for Wampler's chocolate mod clipping array.  Sounds brilliant!

Seems like the Madbean projects are the next natural step so thanks for being around.

madbean

I understand. And thanks for the nice compliments!

Unfortunately, you are out of luck on asking someone to make a Sunking PCB for you (for sale). It's one of only two or three projects that I don't allow to be sold here any longer. You could always try making one yourself, or checking out some of the other Klon layouts out there. There are several on FSB. There's a PCB run being done on BYOC for some Klon boards. GuitarPCB has something like the Klon, but's it's not an exact clone, I think. Maybe some kind soul has a leftover manufactured Sunking PCB they can part with.