News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny - Creamy Dreamer, not fuzzy

Started by LaceSensor, May 17, 2012, 02:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Hi

Assuming Ive used all the right parts, what could be a reason for a mudbunny build (etched from the available layout, v2 I think) what could cause it to be just acting like a distortion, than the full on muffy fuzzy hugeness thats to be expected?

I used the creamy dreamer specs, and 2n5088 trans from a batch that have worked fine elsewhere, but admittedly I havent tested them.

Ian

LaceSensor

Incorrectly oriented transistors. Derp!

Feel free to delete (or keep to highlight my incompetence!)

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

LaceSensor

strange one this actually

I put Q1 - 3 in the correct way round (emitters to ground, in this case via jumpers)

However, if I orientate Q4 are the schematic, it sounds awful. If I spin it 180, it sounds close to a Creamy dreamer I built on vero. Very confused now.

Can try bc549c I think I have some...

LaceSensor

same deal with the BC549...color me confused.

BraindeadAudio

My Mayo and Violet ramshead biulds are only getting sound through q 1-2, and 3-4 arent doing anything. Neither are the Diodes It just sounds mid volume and isnt doing anything. I am confused too, how did you orient the trannys?

LaceSensor

mine was fine up til q4, I just ended up rotating it 180 degrees. It sounded pretty nice. The Q4 I think is just acting as some kinda buffer to recover lost volume due to the passive tone stack (citation needed) so not really changing the sound.

I gave the pedal away so I cant post voltages now :(