Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wolfshirt: 4th MB Build

Started by pryde, February 19, 2012, 08:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Hello,

Here is my latest, the Wolfshirt.

The graphic is waterslide and I went with a tribute to the original 1941 Wolfman, Lon Chaney, Jr. When I was a kid I used to love all the classic monster flicks.

I had to mount the board vertical cause I drilled the octave switch a bit high but it all worked in there. This one is built to spec and uses the 2N3565 trannies. Very different and cool sounding fuzz. I have a huge radio tower close to my home and this pedal picks up some RF just like my zombii but it is not bad. Enjoy.

DutchMF

Very, VERY cool graphics! Great build all around man. Could you tell me a bit more about how it sounds? I have  a Wolfshirt board here myself, and I'm curious!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Haberdasher

Nice build, dude

I hope you like it
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

pryde

Quote from: DutchMF on February 19, 2012, 08:56:10 PM
Very, VERY cool graphics! Great build all around man. Could you tell me a bit more about how it sounds? I have  a Wolfshirt board here myself, and I'm curious!

Paul

Thanks for the compliments. I only have a little time on it so far but would say it is a pretty hard-edged fuzz. Lots of low end and sustain with an overall scooped tone. The switch adds "octave up" which really adds a lot of bite and charcter to the stock sound and crazy lead tones.

Personally I like more of a classic softer-clipping fuzz (germanium tranny fuzz-face like) but this is cool to have for sure. Here is a demo from someone here to give you an idea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N1Mj9v7USA